What is Flippa.com?
Flippa.com is an online marketplace used for selling and buying websites made by website developers
Suitable For –
People who can develop websites will be able to make good money on Flippa.com
Skills Required –
Must have an in-depth knowledge of WordPress platform and website creation.
Time Required For Creating A Website –
Totally depends on the web designer’s expertise in the field.
1. Choose a genre or topic you are more into. You need to be passionate and knowledgeable about the subject your website focuses on. Because you’ll lose interest gradually if you pick something that doesn’t excite you and will eventually stop working.
2. Picture and plan your long-term business model.
Do a lot of research beforehand to taste success in website designing.
You must have answers to the following questions:
Who are your direct competitors?
How does your competitors make money?
How your website is going to make money?
How to stand out your website from others?
How long will it take for your website to monetize?
3. Choose a domain name that is both relevant to your topic and have appeal power to garner the target audience. Know that a good domain name will have brand power which you can use for your blog. Also pick .com domain extension to come out as professional.
4. Choose a reliable and budget-friendly paid host like Godaddy, Hostgator, Bluehost, etc whatever best suits your needs.
5.Make your the design and layout of your website look very professional.
Believe it or not but your website is judged within the first 10 seconds of loading by first-time, so you need to make sure that the design and layout appeals them and they like it.
How To Monetize –
1. Register your website on flippa.com. Flippa.com works on the bidding model. So the highest bidder gets the ownership of the website.
2. You should set the bid price of the website 15 times more than the monthly income of your site presently.
Say If your site is earning $300 per month then you can set the basic bid price to sell your website at least $4500.
3. Start the auction and then wait for bids. People would start to bid to purchase your website and once you receive the bid that comes close to your targeted selling price you can finalize the deal with the bidder.
4. You don’t need to fuss about managing all the payment and other technical stuff. Flippa will do it for you and you’ll be receiving your commissions via your selected payment method.