What is a Niche Website?
Niche Website is a small website focused on one particular topic only. It shares all the information relevant to the topic which is both useful and interesting for the targeted audience.
A niche website can be of few to hundreds of pages depending upon the size of the niche.
Suitable For –
1. People having interest in a very specific topic within a large domain. Like if someone chooses a sub-domain of ‘poses that help cure backache’ in the large domain ‘Yoga’.
2. People who love to talk, write, can explain properly and have the ability to influence.
Skills Required –
1. Ability to create Niche website on the specific sub-domain using available software and tools like WordPress, Blogger, etc.
2. Ability to promote your niche website using social media tools, ads, etc.
Time Required for Starting a Niche Website –
You can create a Niche Website within a day. But keep in mind creating a quality content for the website might take time.
1. Jot down as many ideas as you can regarding niche site, using the sub-domain that interests you the most.
2. Then shorten and narrow down your niche idea based on answering the following questions:
- What is the size of the audience of your niche?\
- Does your audience spend money on purchasing the niche related products?
- Are there multiple products available which you can review on your site?
- Is there any affiliate program that provides more than 50% commissions?
- What is the budget for your investment?
3. Create minimum 10 articles of quality content with 1000 words, more or less. These articles would provide great value to your niche targeted audience.
4. Sign up in at least two affiliate programs that offer products related to the niche with more than 50% commission.
5. Research the keywords and find at least 15-20 niche relevant search terms and rank your site with them.
6. Create network with the owner of the authority blogs in your niche and try to grab the guest blogging opportunities.
How To Monetize –
You can promote the products which are relevant to the topic of your niche website. You can do it by placing affiliate links in the content and sidebar of your site.
To get more visitors to your site try doing SEO, forum marketing, social media and paid ads.
The more people visit your niche site and buy products through your affiliate link, the more money you make.
So how about creating 10 more Niche Websites and each site generating $500 a month in the affiliate commission that would be $5000 of passive income per month.