What is WordPress?
Wordpress is the easiest and the most powerful content management system to create blogs and website.
Suitable For –
Website designers and coders.
Skills Required –
Should be able to understand the basics of WordPress theme creation. Can write HTML and CSS codes.
Time Required For Creating A WordPress Theme –
Totally depends on the expertise level of the developer.
1. Research and figure out which WordPress themes are in top selling list in the market. Then create themes similar to the those since it already has existing buyer market and are in demand.
2. If you are targeting a specific market such as event management, understand what the need of the webmasters in that domain are. Are the webmasters facing issues with the current themes that are available in the market?
Do they have higher expectations? Do your research before creating new theme architecture and designs.
3. Create designs that could cater to the demands of the market.
How To Monetize –
There are multiple ways to sell your WordPress Themes. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. If you are able to develop a collection of your own WordPress themes then you can think about starting your own website. Promote it and sell the themes on your own there.
2. You can also sell your themes on three biggest online marketplace for WordPress themes which are – Themeforest.net, Codecanyon.net and Mojo-themes.com
3. You have to pay these mentioned marketplaces a 50% commission on every sale if you choose to sell your themes there. But on a brighter note your themes will have a wider reach among potential buyers.