Writing a book and getting it published as an eBook on Kindle is another simple way of generating income. Though the inflow is passive but it is a consistent income.
According to reports it is not search engines like Bing or Yahoo that are giving tough competition to Google but Amazon.com. Yes you got it right!
That’s because most shoppers try to search a product online on Amazon.com than on any traditional search engine. People tend to find a highly recommended ebook or book on amazon when they’re looking for in-depth information about certain topics rather than going to blog posts or Google. Reason being they consider books information more relevant.
To cash the opportunity you should take advantage of the growing reach and popularity of Amazon.com. This will help you generate a stable passive income.
Suitable For –
People who either have an in-depth knowledge on some specific topic or are ready to do research and can explain it properly in an easy way..
Skills Required –
1. People who can provide a detailed insight on their chosen topic.
2. It is important that you go extra mile in giving tips in your book to solve people’s problem.
Time Required For Creating An eBook –
Well it depends on the author of the eBook. What and how many topics are to be covered? How much details does the author wants to include? These are some factors that will decide how long it will take for the ebook to be completed.
1. The key to successful Kindle eBook product is how much research the author has done. So do your Research correctly. Also look for the things people are searching for in the domain related to your topic for ebook.
Say, if you are writing an eBook on ‘Yoga exercises that can cure back pain’ then analyse how many people are looking for yoga exercises that can help them with the back aches on the internet and Amazon? Also what exactly are their expectations from the respective book? Now if you ask how you’ll know this then the easiest way to do your research is by reading the comments on the existing book of same topic on Amazon.
2. Make your book reader centric. Don’t bore him with the obvious information. Picture your ideal reader and try to provide as much information as the reader wants to know.
3. Search how many people are asking questions on your chosen topic on websites like Quora, Reddit, Yahoo Answers, and WikiAnswers. The more the questions, the more popular your book can get. Good sign, isn’t it?
5. Check for the market gaps in your chosen domain. Analyse is there is a demand for some specific topic. Find if your eBook can cater to that demand.
6. Visit Amazon.com and see the number of books that are already present in your selected domain. Are people even buying those books? Understand the demand and purchase rate of the market in your domain.
7. Select some friendly and knowledgeable readers who match your ideal reader profile. Give them your first draft and ask for their reviews on it.
How To Monetize –
Sign up on Kindle Direct Publishing Program. With this, you’ll give exclusive distribution rights for your eBook on kindle to Amazon. The advantage is that your ebook will get massive exposure to all the countries where available.
You can also create a small niche website on the topic related and promote your eBook on it. The more ebook people purchase the more money you’ll make.