What is Fiverr.com?
Fiverr is a global online marketplace. Fiverr provides tasks, services and products starting at a cost of $5. On an average it gets around 4.7 million visits per month.
Make it your aim to benefit from Fiverr’s powerful visitor base. You’d be able to reach more people and sell your services and/or products to them.
On Fiverr, every service or task that you provide is called a GIG. With the millions of visitor base of Fiverr, there’s little to worry about the promotion of your GIG. The payment handling that Fiverr would handle for you will be cherry on top.
so focus on providing high-quality work to keep your ratings high. These ratings given by the customers who have used your services or products. Ratings will have a huge impact on the failure or success of your gig.
People offer different types of services on Fiverr ranging from Digital Marketing to Music and Audio, Graphics and Design, Advertising and anything you can think of.
The minimum starting price of selling a gig is $5 and you can sell it at any price.
The top gig sellers on Fiverr make over $50,000 a year by taking advantage of the platform to provide high-quality services.
Suitable For –
1. People who desire to help others.
2. People who wants to work at convenience, doing what they really like.
Skills Required –
An in-depth skills in any particular area, which they can use to help other people to complete their tasks or make their life easier.
Time Required For Creating A Gig On Fiverr –
It takes almost an hour or less to create a Gig on Fiverr. Basic thing is to sign up on Fiverr.
While creating a gig, add a title, image,description of the gig and also insert relevant tags and keywords.
1. Choose your best skills. Take your time to figure out the skill you’re your strongest in as you have to stick to it for a long time to see success.
For e.g. If you can design logos, then you must create and sell those gigs in Fiverr that are into logo creation and designing.
2. Do your homework first- Before head diving straight into it, do some research to analyse if there are people interested in the kind of gig that you’ll create. Cause an amazing gig won’t get you money if it has no buyer. Look for what the buyers of your niche are interested in.
3. Look for popular gigs that are related to your skill set – Find out the popular gigs related to your skill set for study purpose and model your gig accordingly. It is one of the best ways of getting success on Fiverr.
Important metrics you should look for while analyzing other gigs are – Title, Description, Image, pricing Strategy, Upsell Strategy, and Bonus Strategy.
4. Craft title for your gig – With all the research data, you can jump into gig creation. First step is to create a title
The Following steps will help you to optimize your gig’s title.
– Based on your research data, craft your gig title. Make use of attractive words in the title to catch your target customers attention and is also relevant to them at the same time..
For e.g. If you’re creating a logo designing gig then you can consider using titles like –
I’ll design 2 EXCELLENT logos in 16 hours
I’ll design a PROFESSIONAL logos with free revisions
I’ll design 4 ATTRACTIVE logos BONUS Free editable file
– All the above titles are beautiful and amazingly created because they have two important things.
First, they all have intriguing words such as EXCELLENT, PROFESSIONAL, ATTRACTIVE and BONUS. All such words would definitely help in catching the attention of the right customers.
Second, they have the most important aspects which a customer/client look for when wanting to get a logo designed.
For e.g. The first title “ 2 EXCELLENT logos in 16 hours” will garner people who want a logo urgently.
The second title “PROFESSIONAL logos with free revisions” would attract the kind of people who need the option of including their changes in the logo design.
The third title “4 ATTRACTIVE logos BONUS Free editable file” will garner people who do have a bit of logo designing knowledge and want to customize the logo themselve.
5. Create image of your gig- When doing your homework in the beginning you would have observed that gigs with better images made them really stand out than the others.
Shortlist such images for inspiration while modelling your image.
When ready with the idea use Pixlr or BeFunky (free online image editing tools) to create your gig’s image.
6. Write description for your gig – The gig’s description plays a crucial role in influencing the potential customers to place an order with you.
So make sure that your description for the gig is precise, clear and ofcourse attractive and appealing to the potential customers.
You can analyse top gig’s descriptions related to your niche for inspiration and model your description on them. But don’t ever copy other gig’s description or it’ll get you banned.
You only have to see theirs to get ideas for creating your very own unique description.
Also list your gig in the right category to maintain its relevance.
7. Use right tags – Tags play most vital role in getting your gig higher ranks.
Often people don’t realise importance of tags and ignore them. But it offers you best opportunity to overtake if only you optimize gig properly using right tags.
8. Apart from all the tips mentioned before, make sure your work is unique and credible on Fiverr.
There are many logo designers on Fiverr out there, but if you are able to understand what your clients need and deliver the work according then you’d be able to secure them as your client for a longer run.
How to Monetize –
Earning cash is very simple. The more people place orders with you, the more money you’ll make.
The work you deliver influences your user ratings which in turn directly effects the order placement.
The simple thumb rule is, higher the user ratings, the more your orders will be.
Fiverr manages all your transactions securely so you need not to worry regarding any payment processing issues.